Through all of the news and reports, what do you need to know?
Obviously, the current Coronavirus is very contagious. The virus, or COVID-19, has an incredibly resilient protein coat that allows it to survive outside it’s host for almost 10 days (depending on environmental conditions). That is the largest concern. Look at our earlier blog on other viruses for more on that.
COVID-19 works similar to other coronaviruses and typical DNA viruses (ie. the flu or common cold). They have been around for centuries and most will cause you to be mildly sick. But, still do not take it lightly.
Are you totally confused? Yes... it is a bit complicated!
These are all viral-genetic markers that 99.999% of us do not understand. Most importantly... remember, most people that contract COVID-19 make a full recovery without serious complications.
HERE'S SOMETHING NO ONE IS SAYING!!
If you do feel sick, you may reach for the over-the-counter pain, cold, or fever-reducing medicine containing acetaminophen. WATCH YOUR DOSAGE!!!! Overdose of acetaminophen kills more people per year than the flu.
WHAT SHOULD YOU DO if you feel sick?
- You should always consult your physician (you don't necessarily have to run to him or her, but reach out).
- Drink tons of Gatorade or Pedialyte or similar hydrating liquids (ATHLETES GEL does not endorse these products, but we think they are great). At worst, lots of fluids will not hurt.
- Stay away from others for a few days.
- Don’t panic. Don’t think the world is over.
- Be patient, rest, and recover. Then, get back to the court, the pitch, the field, the trail, and to work.
Meanwhile, wash your hands with soap and warm water lots of times throughout the day for a minimum of 20 seconds. Avoid closed in places (including doctors offices and hospitals, unless you need to be there).
Any questions or concerns (aside from emergencies), call or email us. If we don’t have the answers, we will assist in finding someone that can provide the answers to you.
PREPARE. PERFORM. RECOVER... FROM ANYTHING!
- The ATHLETES GEL Team
Browse our website for more information.